Private pilot helicopter (PPL-H) - JAA
This course is intended for those students who may be learning to fly as a hobby, or who are planning to purchase their own helicopter. It is also the first step for a student on the modular CPL(H) program.
Knowledge requirement :
Student must also pass the following knowledge exams of 9 module of multiple choice answer :
- - Aviation Law : 0h45
- - Aircraft General Knowledge: 0h30
- - Flight Performance & Planning : 1h00
- - Human Performance & Limitations : 0h30
- - Meteorology : 0h30
- - Navigation & Radio Aids: 1h00
- - Operational Procedures : 0h30
- - Principles of Flight : 0h45
- - Communications : 0h30
- - Total Exam : 6h00
Flight requirement :
The student pilot must at least fly 45 hours :
- - 35 hours in dual instruction.
- - 10 hours in solo flight with a cross country of 100 NM and landing at 2 different airports.
The above must be flown on one type of helicopter.
Prerequisite to obtain the PPL-(H) :
- - Age minimum : 17 years old.
- - Have a valid aeronautical medical certificate class 1 or 2 valid.
- - Pass all knowledge written test PPL-(H).
- - Pass all levels of the flight training syllabus and be ready for the final examination.
- - Have the minimum flight requirement of : 45 hours of flight instruction, from which 10 hours solo / 39 hours of flight instruction if you have a PPL (A).
- - Final flight test with examiner (flight time approx. 1h30).
Training cost examples :
The cost of each program is based on the hourly rates. The total cost of each program can vary significantly depending upon each individual's aptitude.
In order to gain maximum benefit from the course we strongly recommend that prior study be completed before arrival at the school. For a list of recommended reading. There is no allocated classroom time but some may be arranged subject to instructor availability. Ideally the classroom time should be used to clarify any difficulties you have encountered in your own study time rather than teaching. (The cost of each program is based on the hourly rates. The total cost of each program can vary significantly depending upon each individual’s aptitude. The training cost examples do not include housing.).
For more information please don't hesitate to contact us.